HILLS BANDIT - DO YOU KNOW THIS MAN?
Do you know this man? Police believe the community can help identify this man wanted in connection with eleven (11) armed robberies on banks in the Adelaide Hills and nearby country locations since 2004. Despite now possessing his DNA his actual identity is still unknown.
A $100,000 reward is now on offer for information leading to the arrest and conviction of this man, who since 21 May 2004, has robbed these Banks while armed with a firearm, possibly a semi-automatic assault rifle which he has uses to threaten staff and customers. During the robbery at Balaklava on 27 June 2008 he used the rifle to threaten a police officer who responded to the hold-up alarm.
Robberies he is alleged to have committed:
- 11.30am Friday 21 May 2004 at ANZ Mannum
- 11.50am Monday 26 July 2004 at ANZ Lobethal
- 1.30am Thursday 17 March 2005 at BankSA Blackwood
- 2.10pm Monday 19 September 2005 at BankSA Mt Pleasant
- 12.02pm Friday 21 April 2006 at BankSA Tanunda
- 1.25pm Thursday 14 December 2006 at ANZ Yankalilla
- 11.35am Thursday 26 July 2007 at BankSA Mt Pleasant
- 1.48pm Friday 14 September 2007 at ANZ Yankalilla
- 11.43am Friday 27 June 2008 at ANZ Balaklava
- 11.15am Friday June 26 2009 at BankSA Willunga
- 11.39am Thursday 4 September 2014 at BankSA Mt Pleasant
The wanted man is described as being Caucasian, approximately 180 to 186 cm tall, medium to stocky build, fair complexion and who speaks with a strong Australian accent. When committing the robberies he normally wears a dark coloured balaclava and/or motorcycle helmet, dark coloured water proof jacket, full length dark coloured cargo type pants and white sandshoes. On four (4) occasions the he was seen leaving the scene of a robbery on a bicycle and on five (5) occasions by foot. On at least three of those five occasions a white Mitsubishi Magna or similar type sedan has been seen in the near vicinity prior to the robbery.
The man’s photographs and voice recording taken during an actual robbery are attached. In addition, wanted posters showing the wanted man’s photograph have been on displayed at high visibility locations throughout the Adelaide Hills and other selected country locations.
If you know this man or have information that may help police identify and find him please contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or on-line. All information can be provided anonymously.