Can you help catch the bicycle bandit?
Posted on 11/02/2020
A $100,000 reward is on offer to identify a man wanted in connection with eleven armed robberies on banks in the Adelaide Hills and nearby country locations since 2004.
Despite having his DNA his actual identity remains unknown. Since 21 May 2004 it is believed that he has robbed various banks armed with a firearm, possibly a semi-automatic assault rifle which he has used to threaten staff and customers.
During the robbery at Balaklava on 27 June 2008 he used the rifle to threaten a police officer who responded to the hold-up alarm.
Robberies he is alleged to have committed:
- 11.30am Friday 21 May 2004 at ANZ Mannum
- 11.50am Monday 26 July 2004 at ANZ Lobethal
- 11.30am Thursday 17 March 2005 at BankSA Blackwood
- 2.10pm Monday 19 September 2005 at BankSA Mt Pleasant
- 12.02pm Friday 21 April 2006 at BankSA Tanunda
- 1.25pm Thursday 14 December 2006 at ANZ Yankalilla
- 11.35am Thursday 26 July 2007 at BankSA Mt Pleasant
- 1.48pm Friday 14 September 2007 at ANZ Yankalilla
- 11.45am Friday 27 June 2008 at ANZ Balaklava
- 11.15am Friday June 26 2009 at BankSA Willunga
- 11.39am Thursday 4 September 2014 at BankSA Mt Pleasant
He is described as being Caucasian, approximately 180 to 186 cm tall, medium to stocky build, fair complexion and who speaks with a strong Australian accent. When committing the robberies he normally wears a dark coloured balaclava and/or motorcycle helmet, dark coloured water proof jacket, full length dark coloured cargo type pants and white sandshoes.
On four occasions he was seen leaving the scene of the robbery on a bicycle and on five occasions by foot.
On at least three of those five occasions a white Mitsubishi Magna or similar type sedan has been seen in the near vicinity prior to the robbery.
On the last two occasions the offender was seen after the robberies in a silver/grey mid-sized 4WD. It is believed that the vehicle is a Subaru Forester.
If you have any information, call 1800 333 000 or make a report from our home page at www.crimestopperssa.com.au
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO READ
07/07/20 | Video
At about 2.52 pm on Tuesday, 28th April, 2020, the pictured male attempted to break into a…
07/07/20 | Article, Media Releases
It is now 23 years since Gail King disappeared without a trace. The 28-year old mother was last seen alive…