Illicit Firearms focus and permanent national amnesty
Posted on 18/02/2022
An illegal gun is a dangerous gun, for you and your family. If you know someone with an illegal gun, say something before it’s too late. Crime Stoppers will keep your information safe and confidential.
We’re proud to support a national initiative to:
- raise awareness and understanding of the very significant dangers posed by use and theft of unregistered firearms;
- encourage and empower the community nationally to share information relating to the use, possession and trade of illegal guns to Crime Stoppers
- educate the community about the consequences of being in possession of an illegal gun, and the penalties applied;
- encourage Australians in possession of an unregistered firearm to hand it in or register it during the amnesty;
- remove illegal guns from the community through their destruction or sale/registration.
If you have an unregistered or unwanted firearm, ammunition of parts you can surrender it to a police station without penalty.
If you know something about an illegal gun share what you know with Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or here.
To find out more about the national campaign, click here.