October results released
Posted on 26/11/2019
Six illegal firearms were taken off South Australian streets and out of the hands of criminals during October thanks to information from the community. In fact, Crime Stoppers received a total of 63 contacts from people specifically wanting to share what they know about illegal firearms.
A total of thirteen men and four women were also apprehended for a range of serious offences during the month as a direct result of information shared with Crime Stoppers.
During October we received information about the murder of Shaun Russell at Hackham West, a sexual assault at Munno Para, an Adelaide arson attack, violent city assault and a number of cold case murders.
Our unsolved weekly crime segments asked for your help to identify a man caught on CCTV using credit cards stolen during a home break in at Goodwood, two thieves wanted for an armed hold up on a Cavan hotel, a vicious assault of a man at Semaphore Park that left him with a broken jaw and facial injuries, and a man wanted for theft and assault from a city convenience store in May.
Watch these and other weekly crime segments at https://www.youtube.com/user/SIBSACrimeStoppers
Other October 2019 results included:
- 1034 intelligence reports were generated and 1012 actions issued to police for investigation;
- More than 134 cannabis plants and 114kg of dried cannabis;
- About 2,100 contacts via our hotline and website
- Seizure of 6 firearms, as well as ammunition and other illegal weapons;
- More than $3,000 in cash;
- More than 12,823 people visited the Crime Stoppers SA website, resulting in 34,553 page views;
If you have any information about criminal activity or an unsolved crime, then call our free hotline on 1800 333 000 or go to www.crimestopperssa.com.au
Rewards are available and you can remain anonymous.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO READ
12/10/21 | Video
Aggravated Serious Criminal Trespass and Theft – Mawson Lakes Between the hours of 11.55pm on 27th May 2021 and 7.20am…