Guns, drugs and cash in July results
Posted on 16/08/2018
Thanks to information provided by the community our July results saw 27 people charged with a range of serious offences – including being in possession of stolen property, having illegal firearms, weapons and accessories, and serious criminal trespass.
Your various calls led police to a clandestine drug lab, the seizure of 57 cannabis plants, more than 45kg of dried cannabis and 57gm of meth-amphetamine.
During July our weekly crime segment on 9 News Adelaide called for information about rock throwing on the Southern Expressway, an aggravated assault on a bus at Adelaide, and an arson attack on a Para Hills business.
We also continued to promote our statewide ice campaign, with more than 800 calls relating to amphetamines received since we launched it in February – resulting in the seizure of in excess of 100kg of amphetamines and more than 45 people apprehended for trafficking or possessing amphetamines.
- We received 1,969 telephone calls and reports via the website and Report Suspicious Behaviour app;
- We provided police with a total of 978 intelligence reports;
- 862 issued actions saw 64 apprehensions;
- Nearly 7,500 people went to the Crime Stoppers SA website and generated more than 22,100 page views;
- 2 firearms were seized, along with an array of illegal accessories and other dangerous weapons;
- 18 males and 9 females were charged with a range of serious offences.
If you have any information about criminal activity and unsolved crimes, then don’t forget that you can call our free hotline on 1800 333 000, go to crimestopperssa.com.au or download the free Report Suspicious Behaviour app for iOS and Android phones.
And as always, rewards are available and you can remain anonymous.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO READ
12/10/21 | Video
Aggravated Serious Criminal Trespass and Theft – Mawson Lakes Between the hours of 11.55pm on 27th May 2021 and 7.20am…
11/10/21 | Article, Media Releases
On 8 October 1970, Hazel POPE picked up her work colleague Joyce EASTWOOD from home, along with her two sons,…