Guns, drugs seized during February
Posted on 29/03/2018
If you were one of the many South Australians that provided information to Crime Stoppers SA last month then take a bow.
Thanks to you, during the month of February:
- We received nearly 2500 telephone calls and online reports via the website and Report Suspicious Behaviour app;
- More than 1100 intelligence reports were generated, and 958 actions issued for investigation;
- 6000 people went to our website and generated more than 26,000 page views;
- 2 clandestine drug labs were shut down, and nearly 43g of meth-amphetamine located;
- 11 firearms seized, along with a small arsenal of other dangerous weapons and accessories;
- 73 people were apprehended, including 37 charged for offences such as trafficking a controlled drug, firearm offences, and cultivating commercial quantities of cannabis; and
- 212 plants and 2.255kg of cannabis was seized.
We also paid out several rewards to people who asked for them as a result of providing information that delivered great results.
What you tell us continues to make a difference. If you have any information about criminals and illegal activity, then call the hotline on 1800 333 000 or go to crimestopperssa.com.au
Rewards are available, and it is your choice to remain anonymous.