January 2020 results released
Posted on 27/02/2020
During January we saw people share what they know about a range of unsolved crimes, including a robbery of a Camden Park service station by a woman armed with a knife who threatened the console operator and stole cash.
We also received 56 contacts about firearms and 159 contacts about drug dealing, growing and manufacturing activity. Information provided by the community led to the closure of 1 clandestine drug lab, seizure of 2gm of methamphetamine, 138 cannabis plants and 3.2kg of dried cannabis, and 2 firearms taken out of the hands of criminals.
A total of 17 men and 7 women were charged with an array of serious offences.
Our unsolved weekly crime segments asked for your help to solve a robbery by a masked man with a knife at the Bartley Tavern at West Lakes Shore, an assault and disorderly behaviour by a woman on a bus at Stepney.
Other January 2020 results included:
• 1362 calls and 440 online reports received;
• 1074 intelligence reports generated, and 960 actions issued to police for investigation;
• A total of 40 apprehensions made during the month;
• In additional to two firearms, ammunition and a range of other illegal weapons were also seized;
• 10,573 people visited the Crime Stoppers SA website, resulting in 27,186 page views;
If you have any information about criminal activity or an unsolved crime, then call our free hotline on 1800 333 000 or go to www.crimestopperssa.com.au
Rewards are available and you don’t have to provide your details.
It’s what you know, not who you are, that counts.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO READ
30/09/20 | Article, Media Releases
The reason why taxi driver Andrew Mordowicz was shot and killed at Klemzig remains a mystery, despite the passage of…