September program results released
Posted on 28/10/2019
A total of eighteen men and two women were apprehended for a range of serious offences during September thanks to the information you provided to Crime Stoppers.
In addition to more than 160 drug-related contacts and 55 contacts about illegal firearms, we also received information about the bashing murder of Shaun Russell at Hackham West and the shooting murder of Jason De Ieso at his Pooraka workshop in 2012. We also had people share what they know about an indecent assault at Seaford Meadows, a hit-run crash at Greenwith, as well as serious criminal trespass incidents at the Supreme Court in the city and at a Croydon café.
The apprehensions made during the month saw police lay a variety of charges for trafficking a controlled drug, money laundering, and firearm and weapon offences.
Our unsolved weekly crime segments asked for your help in response to a series of violent incidents involving outlaw motorcycle gangs, the robbery of a taxi driver by three men at Brompton, an armed hold up of a Para Hills service station and three men caught on CCTV breaking into the Lion Arts Centre in the city.
Watch these and other weekly crime segments at https://www.youtube.com/user/SIBSACrimeStoppers
Other September 2019 results included:
- 1146 intelligence reports were generated and 1119 actions issued to police for investigation;
- More than 80 cannabis plants and 55kg of dried cannabis;
- 415 grams of meth-amphetamine;
- Nearly 2,500 contacts via our hotline and website
- Seizure of 5 firearms, as well as ammunition and other illegal weapons;
- Nearly $100,000 in cash;
- More than 10,600 people visited the Crime Stoppers SA website, resulting in 30,972 page views;
If you have any information about criminal activity or an unsolved crime, then call our free hotline on 1800 333 000 or go to www.crimestopperssa.com.au
Rewards are available and you can remain anonymous.