Strong drug results for June
Posted on 02/08/2018
Reflecting the community’s growing concern about the impact of drugs, there were plenty of people who opted to anonymously contact Crime Stoppers during June and share information about the manufacture and sale of a variety of illegal drugs.
Information saw the seizure of 55 grams of Amphetamine, 2 grams of Heroin, 100mls of Fantasy and 7 Ecstasy tabs. A total of 66 cannabis plants and more than 15kg of dry cannabis was also confiscated.
A number of raids also uncovered firearms, with a total of 7 different types of firearms seized in addition to other illegal weapons and firearm accessories.
During June we partnered with 9 News Adelaide to profile the suspected murder of Adrian Trett, who was found unconscious and wrapped in a blanket at Mannum before he died two weeks later. We also put the mysterious disappearance of Salisbury man Brian Cairney in June 2010 back in the spotlight and renewed an appeal for information.
We also asked for help to identify an arsonist caught on CCTV attacking a Para Hills West business, as well as the identity of a man who was spotted stealing items at Bunnings Prospect and then threatened staff with a flick knife when confronted.
– We received 1,820 telephone calls and reports via the website and Report Suspicious Behaviour app;
– We provided police with a total of 866 intelligence reports;
– The 741 actions issued for police investigation saw 79 total apprehensions;
– More than 7,000 people went to our website and generated nearly 22,000 page views;
– 7 firearms were seized, along with an array of illegal accessories and other dangerous weapons;
– 21 males and 8 females from across regional and metropolitan SA were charged with a range of serious crimes that included firearm offences, selling and possessing a controlled drug, cultivating commercial quantities of cannabis and more.
If you have any information about criminals and unsolved crimes, then call our free hotline on 1800 333 000, go to crimestopperssa.com.au or download our free Report Suspicious Behaviour app.
Rewards are available and you can remain anonymous
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO READ
19/01/21 | Video
At about 5.10 am on Monday, 30th November, 2020, the pictured male broke into Topline Paint, 33 Aldershot…