Great program results during July
Posted on 30/08/2019
A total of twelve men and two women were apprehended for a range of serious offences during July thanks to information provided by the community to Crime Stoppers.
In addition to more than 150 drug-related contacts and 15 contacts about illicit firearms, we also received information about the cold case murders of Corinna Marr and Gail King, we also had people share what they know about a robbery at a northern suburb’s hotel, a chemist robbery in Mount Gambier, a city assault and a number of major crashes.
The 18 apprehensions during July saw police lay a range of charges for trafficking of a controlled drug, firearm and weapon offences.
Our unsolved weekly crime segments asked for help to identify a man caught on CCTV breaking into a city business, an assault on two females by a man and woman in Currie Street, a man using a credit card stolen during a home invasion at Bellevue Heights and a brazen break-in on a city pharmacy.
Watch these and other weekly crime segments at our YouTube channel here.
Other July 2019 results included:
- More than 400 cannabis plants and 1.6kg of dried cannabis;
- 41 grams of meth-amphetamine and more than 4 litres of Fantasy;
- 990 intelligence reports raised and 962 actions issued to police for investigation;
- More than 2,200 contacts via our hotline and website
- Seizure of 6 firearms, as well as ammunition and other illegal weapons;
- More than 9000 people visited the Crime Stoppers SA website, resulting in 25,419 page views;
If you have any information about criminal activity or an unsolved crime, then call our free hotline on 1800 333 000 or go to www.crimestopperssa.com.au
Rewards are available and you can remain anonymous.